Monday, December 23, 2013

North South Trail - Hazard Road to Place Farm

Date Unknown, 2012

It's time I caught up with my hiking habit. This is pathetic.

Sometime in 2012, the troop hiked Hazard Road to Nicholas Road on the North South trail. I remember little of it. I remember one boy managed to kick himself near the beginning and complained loudly the whole way. I remember another boy decided he couldn't finish the hike and had to stop with an adult. A couple more thought that was a nice idea but I said NO!

One boy on the hike I was rather concerned about. He was grossly overweight and suffered from being tired much of the time. This I attributed to a terrible diet. He seemed quite a bit slimmer that day and didn't have too much trouble on the walk. I remember that his mom picked him up at Place Farm and that was the last time I saw him. I'd like to know that he turned his life around.

In a perfect world I would write my notes down the same weekend as the hike. Hasn't happened yet. This is the perfect example. When referencing my trail book I came to the conclusion I entirely forgot about a hike. As such, I don't have any clue when this particular one happened, but I thought it was late summer. Couldn't have been, but that's what I remember.

Let's see how the next year goes. If I still don't keep up, well, then the handwriting is on the wall. Unlike many hiking blogs I have followed over the years, I will say Goodbye when I conclude the experiment.

Promise.

No comments: