Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time to Make Time

It's been a while since I've updated the blog. June is a busy month for me, what with Father's Day, my Mom and wife's birthdays, plus my wedding anniversary (today), so it's no surprise I can't find time to wonder in the woods. Every weekend was either an event or rain, it seemed.

I have had time to plan, however. July 25th I will take my eldest boy on a hike over Franconia Ridge. In August my brother-in-law and I will climb Mount Mansfield in Vermont, my fourth of the six highpoints in New England. Connecticut and Massachusetts are left, and I probably could hit them both on a fall weekend.

July will also be Boy Scout camp. I will be spending the whole week at Camp Yawgoog with Peter's troop and I expect that will mean a sturdy hike. Perhaps a trip to Long Pond would be in order. The Boy Scouts always have some adult leader training worth looking into, so I'll be doing some of that. Outdoor Leader Skills (OLS) is on the agenda. I've already taken the Cub Scout version, OWLS. Back home I will attend a Leave No Trace awareness workshop on July 17 at REI in Cranston. They also will be doing PEAK training (Promoting Environmental Awareness in Kids).

I hope to take the hike this Saturday I've been postponing. Pachaug Trail from Ken Weber's book sounds great. It'll be a new one for me.

One last thing for this time, I'm officially listed on the Hiking Blogs! Maybe I will achieve my goal of having another reader other than myself! I don't want to get ahead of myself ...

That's it for now. I hope to have some good stuff to add this weekend!

No comments: